So here are my 3 chosen textiles for part one.
Due to my living in the country side, a fair bit away from any textile archive and also because I would like the opportunity to “live” with the chosen textiles, I have decided to look for archive items in my own home.
I have chosen a golden silk pillow of unknown origin, a woolen scarf of known (well almost) origin and an apron of my own buying.
I have tried to make a selection as diverse and as interesting as possible, a few essentials reasons and words on the selection process;
- Examples of wool, silk and cotton
- Examples of heritage, gift and purchase
- Examples of variations in texture, form, colour, line, age, materials etc
- Examples of domestic use, use for decoration and a combi
- Examples of textiles used by the man on the street, via the kitchen to a high-society living room
- Examples of how diverse textiles can be, even when found in my own home
Looking forward to the process and the discoveries 🙂